Tuesday 9 March 2021

#100dayproject2021 - days 28 to 36 - A textile scroll

 


A snippet scroll is a piece of textile art that is a compilation of bits and pieces of vintage embellishments attached to a narrow piece of fabric. Once finished, they can then be wrapped around a spool or dowel or hung up. 

Mine has been completely handstitched onto a strip of cotton fabric. I've used a mixture of fabric and lace scraps, beads, buttons and one of my fabric beads to decorate the strip. As it involved a lot of stitching, it did take me a few days to make as I was also doing a couple of other non-100 day project-related projects.

To create the point at the front if the scroll, I used the corner of a vintage napkin and I used a straight piece of the napkin's edge at the other end. I still need to add a backing to my scroll and find something for it to be wrapped around.


 




I'll be back with this week's tag in my next post.

TTFN

Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment