Saturday 28 July 2012

June and July birthday and anniversary cards

During this month and last I have needed cards for two birthdays and two wedding anniversaries. As is my usual custom, I made them myself, plus an extra card commissioned by my Mum.


The first cards were for my sister's birthday in June. I made two, one from me and my husband and the other for my Mum.


I saw the swirly ladies at the Creative Stitches and Hobby Crafts show I went to in April and though these would be perfect for my sister. As well as the lady cut outs the cards are decorated with butterflies, buttons, embroidery, lace, fabric flowers and other card embellishments.













The next card was a birthday card for my Father. I always have more trouble deciding on a design for a card for a male as I'm more restricted in the motifs I can use (golf, football, etc aren't right). So I was pleased when I remembered I'd also bought some bird cut outs at the Creative Stitches show.


I created a triptych shaped card, using the birds motifs on the inside and out, with architectural drawings also on the inside.





  
Now for the two wedding anniversary cards. These were for my Mum and Dad and my sister and her husband, whose anniversaries are both on the same day. This first card was for my sister and her husband.







This second one was for my Mum and Dad. For this card I reused a vintage anniversary card, sticking it onto the front of my A5 card, but leaving it so that you could still see and read the original greetings on the inside. I then decorated the card with paper flowers and buttons, the back has some floral stamps, with the inside having more paper flowers.







Since making these cards I've sort of picked up the paper crafting bug, so I continued to make more. These cards, including those below are available to buy in the Elsie May and Bertha shop, pop over and have a browse.







TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment