Monday 8 April 2013

Scrapbook journal 2

Following my first post about my journal cum scrapbook, I've decided just to call it a scrapbook journal (it's easier for me to remember that being the main reason).

So as not to bore you every other day with any pages I've done, I plan to add them here about once a month.

Here are my latest pages:


I found the embroidery on this page in a tin of fabric squares (some on backing papers for patchwork), more embroidery and embroidery thread, which had been in our loft since my Mum and Dad moved house. The embroidery itself, has been done by me, probably about 25+ years ago.

This page has one of the fabric squares mentioned above.


The paper in the background for this page came in a Christmas present from my Mum and Dad, it had come all the way from Lawrence, Kansas, from one of my favourite bloggers, Karla Nathan. It is vintage wrapping paper, isn't it beautiful? The image of the Edwardian lady is from Pinterest.


The letters used in this one came from an old board game.


More images from Pinterest, with a spot of lace.


The piece of cross-stitch here was made by me a few years ago when I was experimenting with squares.


This page is also influenced by Karla. She's been making faeries for a project and I decided to do one myself. The square image is of a medieval tile. I found the image in a Victorian book when I used to work in the library, so I must have had that about 15+ years. At least is shows that all of my bits of 'junk' are used eventually!


A simple image of a flowering cactus taken from a leaflet advertising Folio Society books. I liked the image, but I did used to grow a couple of cacti when I was young too.

TTFN
Louise



17 comments:

  1. What a delightful scrapbook xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection! Lots of textures and materials

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great scrapbook journal and every page is so individual and contains a whole range of great textures. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book full of pages of memories. Very special. Your embroidery is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's giving me the opportunity to use things that wouldn't fit elsewhere.

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous book full of memories, and it shows that crafting needn't be expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I keep all sorts of bits and pieces (or junk as my husband calls) :-)

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful idea, I love it. Each page is so individual and how lovely that you are using things that you have had for a long time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous! i love the variety of textures and styles it really gives your lovely book character :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it!! I am a hoarder and a half of the 'just in case' variety and now I have a justification for ensuring all my odds and sods have a purpose! This is a truly beautiful project, and looks like fun to create too! I especially like the mix of old and new, and the tactile variation of all your pages. Ace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done. good try at scrapbooking :)
    it will bring the memories back when you come back to it after some time.
    a mixture of different textures and patterns is what i like too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful scrapbook! Some really lovely pieces in there and they obviously hold a lot of memories which makes it even more special :-) Simmi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love the one with roses and old board game letters! :) Good luck and we're waiting for more photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete