Tuesday 25 November 2014

Gingerbreadman mug rug swap

Most of the swaps I'm currently involved in have something to do with Christmas, however, this one was to do with gingerbreadmen and mug rugs, and was a secret swap too.

In case you don't know, a mug rug is a coaster, usually made from patchwork, that is large enough to have your mug of steaming beverage and either a biscuit or cake. Personally, I think they were started by patchworkers who wanted something small to do, not that I mind, any patchwork is okay with me. 

As well as making a mug rug, you had to enclose your favourite biscuit recipe and a cookie cutter.

This is what I sent to my swap partner.








I had made the cross-stitch of the gingerbreadman years ago, and I thought that the red, white and blue theme of it would make it even more perfect for my partner as she is American. I only tied the buttons on (you can see these on the photo of the back of the rug) so that they could be taken off, if my partner wanted to if it was washed.


As it is close to Christmas, I added a Christmas decoration to my parcel too.



The cookie cutters are cupcake shaped.




 
I made a little booklet to hold the recipe and I also added vintage gingerbread biscuit adverts to the booklet.

This is what I received from my swap partner. As well as the mug rug, recipe and cutter, my partner also included a gingerbreadman decoration.







The plush fabric she used on the back is so soft! My partner is obviously much more talented at patchwork than I am as you can see from the left-hand side of the rug, I couldn't have attempted those triangles, and sewn on a machine too! I also didn't manage the bias binding edge, though I did try!

All a I need now is the cup of coffee and a nice chocolate biscuit!

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment