Sunday 15 March 2015

Swathed in Stitch 7 - making lace fabric with cotton scrim.







This small piece of cloth has been made from a very loose cotton scrim, so in order for there to be any kind of surface to embroider on I had to do a lot of stitching on the sewing machine. It does create a lovely holey piece of fabric. When I've finished the embroidery on this, and bound the edges, I'll mount it onto some fabric and use it to make a pillow.

I'm going to use a fine net to create my next piece of lace fabric. I'll let you know how that turns out.

TTFN
Louise

3 comments:

  1. Louise, I like your lace fabric.
    Beaded Lace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really fascinated by your technique.
    Wish I knew how to use my machine so handily!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great collection of lace fabrics. really awesome.
    Guipure Lace Fabric

    ReplyDelete