Thursday 9 April 2015

It's so Kawaii swap

adjective: kawaii
  1. 1.
    (in the context of Japanese popular culture) cute.
    "she paints elephants that are extremely kawaii"
noun
noun: kawaii
  1. 1.
    the quality of being cute, or items that are cute.
    "even in a cosmopolitan city like Tokyo, kawaii is everywhere"

Happily, my partner for this swap loved what I made for her so I suppose that my interpretation of kawaii fits.

First of all there was this lavender pillow.













I made it from a patchwork of pink fabrics and decorated it with lace, bobble trim, crocheted flowers, beads, a little charm and three puffs.

I also made her a pincushion and a thread catcher (a little thread 'bin').











The pincushion is decorated with a crochet heart and some lace and the thread catcher has glittery buttons added to it.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment