Sunday 4 August 2013

Christmas makes, scrapbook pages and a little diversion to redwork.

Another week of reasonable productivity (for me anyway) has meant that I have finished a couple of things that were in progress last week.

First of all there's the 'Merry Christmas' rose pillow (now in my Folksy store).



Next there is this hanging decoration with the image of two child angels (from a vintage Christmas card) and decorated with embroidery and lace (also listed in my Folksy store).


I finished the scrapbook cum journal page with a few bits of lace, labels and crystals.


Again, I've been spending too much time on Pinterest, this time redwork has been catching my eye. I'm not moving too far away from what I should be doing as a lot of redwork features Christmas images. 

I've done one small piece of redwork, which became part of this double-page spread in my scrapbook cum journal.




I've had my tracing paper and transfer pencil out and have traced a couple of Christmas redwork pieces. This one is finished, and will become a lavender pillow.



I'll be doing this design next.



I'm also working on a second child angels decoration, though this time, with pink.


These will be turned into Christmas tree decorations. 





As a break from Christmas stuff (though I have loads of ideas in my head!) I'm also hoping to make a couple of needle cases (similar to the ones I showed you the pictures of last week) and start on the design for a wedding ring pillow for a Creative Connections monthly challenge (I'll tell you more about that another time).

I hope you all have a creative week.

TTFN
Louise

P.S. Pop over to Handmade Monday to see what other creatives have been up too. 

11 comments:

  1. Wow lots of really pretty things. My favourite is the Christmas cushion. Be careful pinterest is sooo addictive.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little Christmas cushion! The redwork looks lovely, too. Ali's right, Pinterest can be totally addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you are so ahead of yourself (or very organised). I like the lavender pillow. The message is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the redwork lavender cushion. Another person making xmas stuff already! You are so organised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your xmas cushion is very pretty! well done.
    love your scrapbook and can see some nice entries about redwork :)
    show us please more of this scrapbook in the future. perhaps a close up of the elements used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas stuff - wow thats planning ahead! My hat off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your scrapbook, its a great way of gathering ideas. I always like your redwork, it makes the images stand out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is full of lovely things, the redwork looks very effective and festive :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have been busy! What fabulous makes! Simmi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh you certainly have had a busy week. Look forward to seeing the next lot of redwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha - as everyone else agrees, you really have had a productive week! :D I love project / scrap books and portfolios, it's a little extra work to keep on top of it isn't it, but always worth it - yours is a work of art in its own right! I've been trying out blackwork recently - hadn't seen redwork before but you're right it's perfect for Christmas! I bet the orders will be coming in thick and fast in no time at all! (Especially since fb would suggest that Asda has already got a Christmas aisle...!!!!)

    ReplyDelete