Thursday 3 November 2016

Two knitted flower brooches with a bit of stitching











These brooches are a bit of a collaboration with my Mum. She knits the two flowers and sews them together and I add the bit of tweed fabric and button to the front and felt circles on the back, with the brooch pin, that join all of the pieces together. 

I especially like the button on the second brooch as it's been carved out so you can see the different colours in the layers. I attached the felt piece on the first one with french knots and there's even a bullion loop on the button (compared to the other one the button on this one is very plain!).

These two are going to be wending their way to the Seagrass Gallery in West Kirby, but  I have quite a few more knitted flowers, in different colours, to turn into brooches that will be available in my Etsy and Folksy shops soon.

I'll be back again on Saturday (this week seems to be flying by!).

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment