Friday, 30 May 2014
Creating more of my own fabric.
This piece of fabric will form another section of my anniversary cloth. I've created it from strips of fabric, lace and a line of hexies that were laid across an embroidery hoop and joined together with pins. I then, using free motion embroidery, joined all of the pieces together and though I did create a couple of holes to be embroidered with buttonhole lace.
I trimmed the piece of fabric into a rough rectangle to fit with the other sections of my cloth (the pieces I cut off will not go to waste, though, I'll use them to create samples). At the bottom of the piece there are two hooks and eyes. These are joining the fabric where there was a gap. Behind the holes and the hooks and eyes have been backed with pink silk. It's not easy to see on the pictures at the moment, they'll show up more once this piece has been damp stretched.
I've started to add further decoration onto the piece using leaves, flowers and beads from the decoration that I wore in my hair on my wedding day. I'll also be adding a bit of embroidery too.