Monday 8 May 2017

#Our52weekchallenge - week 18

#52weeksofstitchingthe circle

Last week, I said that was going to do more pleat sampling this week, but using sharper ironed ones. I have three different ones to show you, but they're not as good as I'd like them to be because I'm working within such a small circle (9.5cm diameter approx) so the samples are a bit small. So for the remainder of my fabric manipulation sampling, I'm going to be using a larger sized circle so I have more space to work with.


Sample 1



There's three ironed pleats that have been stitched down the same way either end and the middle of each pleat stitched the other way.

Sample 2



I've just made a single box pleat with this one and I've kept it opened with a little stitch at either side.

Sample 3





This sample is my least favourite one, but at least you get an idea of the lattice effect I was trying to create. I'd started with a circle of fabric, which was probably my first mistake, and because it was so small I could only get 4 peaks to create the lattice from. I'll probably have another go at this one but on a much bigger scale.

I'll be back on Wednesday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment