Sunday 19 June 2016

A Japanese bag








This was one of the WIPs I couldn't tell you about in my last post as it was for my sister for her birthday. It's a little handbag than is made to a Japanese pattern and made out of vintage Japanese silk and lined with a striped Ian Mankin fabric.

It is quite a straight forward pattern and the silk, which is from a vintage kimono, is lovely to work with as it's has a crepe feel so it doesn't fray very much. To use the bag you pass the shorter handle over the larger one, which 'closes' the bag, leaving the larger handle to slip onto your wrist or you can carry it in your hand.

My sister really likes her bag and I fancy one for myself and I'll probably make a couple more to sell.

I'll be back on Tuesday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment