Tuesday 7 June 2016

A 'Love' collage















This piece of textile art is made from a mix of vintage linen, Ian Mankin fabrics and an embroidered fabric. All of the seams have been stitched with stab stitch and running stitch has been applied to three of the patches. 

The cloth has then been embellished with the word 'love' in back-stitch,  fabric hearts, vintage lace and tatting, stitched fabric patches, hand-printed fabric and a hand-dyed fabric strip.

I have also added a mixture of vintage metal, mother of pearl and plastic buttons, a key charm and an over-stitched brass ring, 

I've backed the collage in linen and it will be mounted on cream mountboard and then taken to the Seagrass Gallery in West Kirby for sale in a couple of weeks.

I really enjoyed working on this and have started work on my next one.

I'll be back on Thursday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment