Tuesday 15 March 2011

Flowery frocks and a surprise visit to Liverpool

Had a surprise visit to Liverpool. My other half decided to take me out for lunch. We went to the Italian Club (at the top end of Bold Street if you know Liverpool). They're currently working on expanding the dining area into the back of the building. You needn't worry that there's dust getting to the (very delicious) lasagne as they've built a false wall in front of the wall they're going to knock down.

Now,down to the important bit, what did we have to eat? We had bread and olive oil to start with. There's nothing like good bread. We then shared antipasto misto, a delicious conglomeration of Italian meats, including my favourite mortadella, rice salad, new potatoes, green beans, grilled peppers, aubergine and courgette, and huge olives.

Mid-way through antipasto
I also managed to squeeze in a little slice of chocolate and ricotta flan, which was beautifully light.
Chocolate and ricotta flan
After lunch we took a stroll down to the Bluecoat, where had a quick peek in the Display Centre, they sell beautiful items made by artists from all over the country.

Next we went to one of my favourite shops, I'm not getting paid for this, honestly, John Lewis' (or George Henry Lees - GHL - the old name of the shop before it moved to the Liverpool One development). Having sent the better half to occupy himself looking at the electricals, I set out on a leisurely walk around the ladies clothes - a delightful occupation. One of the advantages of a department store is that they have ranges from lots of different labels. Flowery summer frocks are on show at the moment, and as there were some such lovely fabrics, I thought I'd take a few snaps to share with you.
Apologies for having to view the above with your head to one size, for some reason Blogspot is putting them in that way and won't let me change them!

TTFN
Louise.

No comments:

Post a Comment