Saturday 24 March 2012

A spot of patchwork

Reading other people's blogs about their patchwork quilting exploits, such as Hen House, Cabbage Quilts and Katy's Arty Bits, had put me in the mood for making a quilt myself as I'd not done one for a while.



I didn't want to make a huge one, so I've made this one about the size of a quilt for use on a cot (the finished size was 64cm x 84cm approx.), or it could be used as a wall hanging.


I chose a selection of blue and green fabrics from my stash and laid them out so that I had a diagonal pattern. I handstitched the rows first, then joined the rows together.


The back is made from a piece of dark turquoise fabric, with the quilting also running in a diagonal, but the opposite way to the patchwork.


I bound the edges of the patchwork with bias binding with a paisley pattern.


I enjoyed myself making this one, so I plan to start another soon.

If you fancy having this patchwork quilt for yourself, pop over to the Elsie May and Bertha shop to purchase it.

TTFN
Louise



No comments:

Post a Comment