Monday, 29 May 2017
More stitching etc has been added to this blue and white collage piece. The printed flower may have some extra stitching added to the image, I'm waiting to see how it fits in with its completely surrounded. I'm currently in the middle of stitching three suffolk puffs onto the blue gingham patch.
This is the start of a cushion cover. I've used an embroidered corner of a vintage napkin that I've stitched onto two panels of fabric (the seam of the third piece has yet to be permanently stitched down) and added some beads too. I'm waiting for some fabric and beads I've ordered before I can continue with this wip.
This last one is a skirt that I'm making for myself. It's the first piece of clothing I've made for myself for years, so I've gone for a really simple gathered skirt, made from two rectangles of black and white gingham and it has an elasticated waist. I'm trimming the hem with some vintage broderie anglais and some cotton lace and I'll also be adding some suffolk puff flowers too.
Hopefully, I'll have finished the skirt when I next post on Wednesday.
*wips - works in progress