Wednesday 5 May 2021

A poem a week

From early in the first lockdown, my Dad started to read me (and my poetry-loving cousins is their weekly Zoom call) one poem each week. I'm not really one for reading poetry as, like my Dad,  I think it should be read out loud, so it's been a long time since I heard any. 

During the last couple of months of 2020 and the start of this, my Dad was reading a section of  Longfellow's long poem 'Hiawatha' per week. When this finished and we went back to a separate poem a week, I decided to add each week's poem to my current journal.

These are the pages I've created so far:

Oh to be in England by Robert Browning 

To Hope by Thomas Hood 

To a Mountain Daisy by Robert Burns

Brenda in the Lane by Elizabeth Barrett Browning 

There'll be more soon.

TTFN 
Louise 







No comments:

Post a Comment