Monday 9 August 2010

Purple knitted cushion

Purple knitted cushion
This is my latest knitting project, a purple cushion in 4-ply sock.

My previous knitting project was a large throw made out of Aran wool using 4.5mm needles and I fancied doing something on finer needles. I'd got some Peruvian sock wool that I'd bought from Whitmore and Hamilton in Oban (a great shop for wool if you're ever in Oban) and fancied making a cushion. So I had a look through my collection of knitting patterns for inspiration and came up with a lacey pattern for the front, with a plainer back but with lace detail. When I make a cushion, either in fabric or in wool I like to make the back as interesting as the front.

I've converted the pattern into a PDF so it can be downloaded and printed easily.

Purple cushion pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment