Monday 31 October 2011

Aren't I a lucky girl?

It was my birthday last Wednesday and I thought I'd share the lovely gifts that I received.

My birthday cards.
I received my presents from my Mum and Dad on the Wednesday, they came to our house for afternoon tea - Ray had made scones and a Victoria sponge.


'A stitch in time' mug and coaster set (from Lakeland), which also came with a useful tin.

This bracelet (with its matching ring below) came from John Lewis and is made from two lovely pieces of amethyst. The ring is also made from amethyst, it's huge, but a small ring would just disappear on my fingers.


My other present from them was a lovely box of violet and rose creams. I love these old-fashioned chocolates - the box is rather nice as well!


My sister and her husband came for lunch yesterday (Sunday). From them I received a great Sony camera. Our old one is playing up, probably from overwork. I've taken lots of pictures over the past year, both for this blog and the Elsie May and Bertha website, so this new one will be really useful.

My lovely new camera.

The other thing I received was a book of knitting patterns. I was given a book for my birthday last year called 'Vintage Fashion Knitwear' by Marnie Fogg. This is a lovely book of knitwear going back to 1900s, but it didn't have any patterns in it.

1940s knitwear.
















So when I saw this book, 'Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters' by Lise-Lotte Lystrup. This book has some lovely vintage knitting patterns that have been updated for modern fibres and sizes. I'm looking forward to making some of them.

Evening top from 1954.

Tube top and bolero, from 1951.


If you like to knit, and like vintage-style this book is definitely for you.

I was a lucky girl, wasn't I?

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment