Sunday 21 July 2013

Cards, cake and needle cases.

I have been making cards this week, birthday cards for my Dad and wedding anniversary cards for both my Mum and Dad and my sister and her husband (they're both on the same day).

Birthday cards.





 Anniversary cards







You have to have cake on a birthday, don't you? For my Dad's birthday we had an amaretto cake from Paolo and Donato's deli in Liverpool, which was positively gorgeous (they make the best ice cream too!).


  
On the sewing front, I completed a dozen needle cases that were a commission. I'm only showing one photo of these as they've not been seen by the lady who ordered them as yet.


This week I am going to dive into my things made Christmas box so I can have a head start on the christmas making.

TTFN
Louise

P.S. As usual I'm taking part in Handmade Monday, pop over to see what everyone's been up to (I'd like to appologise to everyone who's blogs I didn't get round to visiting last week on the Handmade Monday list. I was visiting a lot of blogs thanks to 'Where bloggers create 2013' and there are only so many computer hours in a week.)
                      

11 comments:

  1. That amaretto cake looks very yummy :)
    Tantalising glimpse of the needle cases, hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy, busy time of year for you. The anniversary cards are my favourite. I love the way you have carried the theme on inside the card as well. A very nice touch. Good luck with Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! And I'd like to see more of the needle case - I need to make one (for myself) and need some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy card making. They're lovely. The cake looks so scrumptious xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A productive week! I am starting preparing for xmas items too - it doesn't seem right in this heat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The needle cases look really cute, and that cake looks so scrumptious. I know what you mean about Christmas, as I have just committed myself to 3 Christmas fairs, but am just going to knit and knit on my holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are really lovely, and the needle case is gorgeous - very pretty. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy week you've had, and everything looks fantastic too. Really love the first anniversary card - very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! how busy have you been!! your cards are all gorgeous - so lovely and personal, i especially love the lacy anniversary one. That cake looks sooooo yummy too - i'm sure its all in happy tummies by now! :)

    your needle cases are really pretty, it will be lovely to see them in more detail once their new owner has them - i'm sure she'll be thrilled with them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards, and I think i put on some weight just looking at the cake :) Hope to see more of the needle cases. They look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the cake card was the best! (only joking...but that would be my favourite invention. And yes, it's never too early to start thinking about Xmas...

    ReplyDelete