Tuesday 20 May 2014

Creating a travel journal



 













We're going on our first holiday for three and a half years at the end of this month. We're going to stay at the Glengarry Castle Hotel, which 16 miles north of Fort William. It's the first time we're going since I started to create journals and scrapbooks so I thought I'd create one for holidays and days out.

I used an old children's book that was falling apart and took out about half of the pages. I covered the covers with brown paper and added various bits of ephemera, stickers and lace.
 
The pages inside the book have also had bits of ephemera, lace and paper. Some pages are fairly blank so pictures, tickets, receipts etc can be added, some pages are for writing on and others are their purely for decoration. I'm leaving the odd illustration in the book uncovered too, so that they can be coloured in if it takes my fancy.

I'll share the journal with you, again, when we're back from our holiday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment