Wednesday, 17 February 2021

#100dayproject2021 - days 9 - 15


Day 9 - a little brooch. Two scraps of patterned fabric appliqued onto a piece of linen still with it's selvedge on one side. I've added a suffolk puff from day 3, scraps of lace and a sheer fabric. I've added a piece of blue floral lace to the selvedge edge with a run of french knots.

Days 10 - 13 - a little sewing pouch with matching pincushion. 

The finished sewing pouch measures about 4.5cm x 6cm. It's made from a piece of cotton lined with a piece of linen. It has a pocket made from an edge from a wide piece of lace at the bottom and two flaps, one for holding needles made from linen and the other one is made from a scrap of a floral cotton that I've attached some buttons to. 

I've decorated the outside of the pouch with scraps of Liberty fabrics, lace, another of day 3's suffolk puffs, silk and linen scraps, a scrap of chiffon trim and a pearl bead. The pouch is fastened using a piece of lace wrapped around a mother of pearl button. I've edged the whole piece in blanket stitch using an antique silk thread.

The pincushion is made from scraps of cotton fabric that match the pouch and decorated with Liberty fabric, linen and silk scraps, antique lace and a couple of buttons.

Days 14 - 15 -  a wraparound bracelet.

This one is another multi-day effort. I've used a strip from a damaged napkin that has kept the edging of the napkin on both ends. So far I have roughly stitched small scraps of fabric, lace and broderie anglais along the length of the strip and lined the back with the double edge from another damaged napkin.

I'll share the finished product next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment