Saturday 6 October 2012

A 2nd birthday and a new logo

It's two years since I launched Elsie May and Bertha onto the world! I can't say that is has been an overnight success, sales are still few and far between. but I have met (in person and online) lots of lovely people. Time has flown by so fast!


One of the big benefits of being your own boss is that when my chronic fatigue is bad I can take the day(s) off. Something that was causing a wee bit of a problem at my old job and doesn't enamour me to future employers!

We're currently working on christmas items, including cards, decorations and stockings, which I'll be adding to our website soon, so keep an eye out.



Our new logo.

A few weeks ago I picked up a tweet from the Craft Connection, who were forwarding one from a student offering to create a logo for anyone. This tweet came from Polina (Polly) Stoyanova, who is doing a degree in Digital Media at the University of Greenwich. Well, I do like to help, so I tweeted back and after a couple of email exchanges Polly came up with a lovely design. 


The teapot was the first element chosen, Polly had seen the tea cosies on the website and liked the. It had to be pink, of course, as it's my favourite colour. The needle and thread indicates the sewing we do and the name being in green just makes it 'pop' out.

What do you think of it?

I'm slowing adding it to the website and various social media sites, so that there's the same logo across everything that will, hopefully, raise our profile.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment