Tuesday 26 March 2013

Journaling/scrapbooking

Whilst trawling the internet, reading other people's blogs or Pinterest I have come across lots of people who 'journal' or 'scrapbook' and often wondered were they the same thing and why do it?

I found that there is supposed to be a difference - journaling involves the creation of a visual journal or diary using your artistic skills and techniques, whereas scrapbooking is focused on the collation and presentation of memories, photos, small keepsakes and memorabilia, using creative techniques to enhance these. Which sounds as clear as mud to me!

With seeing what others have been doing, when I came across a 2013 diary in Wilkinson's for 10p (yes you did read that right!) I thought I'd have a go. 






The diary is A5 sized and has one page a day. My first thought was to add items onto specific days illustrating what I've done on those days.



But, considering the majority of my days are spent sewing/crafting, this journal wasn't going to be too exciting (or have many filled in pages!). So last week I decided to turn my journal into a scrapbook in the main.

So now I'm going to use it to keep pictures, bits of sewing or for when I feel a collage coming on, but don't want to create something standalone. Here's what I have done so far:











Hopefully, I'll keep this up, and use it for inspiration.

TTFN
Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment