Sunday 30 June 2013

Vintage fair shopping and a little sewing.

Yesterday I went to the Liverpool Vintage Fair, which was held at St. George's Hall, Liverpool. The hall was filled with stalls, with all kinds of vintage clothes, jewellery, lace, fabric, haberdashery, magazines etc.

Here's some pictures.


A worth gown with a tiny waist.



This frock was made out of synthetic silk. The background is one of the lovely doors in the hall.





 
Here's what I bought.



Lace handkerchiefs.

A corner of a tablecloth. It's too badly stained to use as tablecloth but it'll cut up nicely.


Liberty fabrics.


Cufflinks and a Jaegar tie.

Another tablecloth for cutting up. The fabric is a fine cotton.

November 1934 magazine.
A lot of tennis has been watched this, thanks to the Wimbledon championships so I've not done a huge amount of sewing this week. I've just been working on this collage, that's not quite finished - 


The other thing I've been sewing this week is this patchwork. It'll be a rose pillow when it's finished.

Hopefully, I'll get more done this coming week!

I've also extended my sale. Pop over to my Summer Sale page to see what's available (there's vintage fabric, lace, buttons as well as some handmade lovelies).

Pop over to Handmade Monday to see what everyone's been up to.

TTFN
Louise

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, lovely things! Especially like the buttons and liberty fabrics, and your collage looks so pretty. Wimbledon has been getting in the way here too, and I'm totally over-excited because we're going tomorrow! Can't wait! x

    ReplyDelete