Monday 12 September 2016

'A place for...' needlecase and pincushion set












I've completed the matching needlecase and pincushion that I talked about in my last post. They're made from an Ian Mankin striped cotton, with pieces from a vintage tablecloth appliqued onto it. As well as embroidering the words, I have also used running stitch and french knots to accentuate the shape of the tablecloth edge.

The needlecase has felt inner 'pages' to store needles in and the pincushion is filled with sheep's wool, which helps to keep your needles rust free. The needlecase is closed using a thread loop over a vintage button.

This set will be heading off to the Seagrass Gallery in West Kirby, but if you'd like for me to make you something similar, contact me via email at elsiemayandbertha@virginmedia.com.

I hope you had a good week.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment