Thursday 14 January 2021

A New Year and doing more craft challenges.

Hopefully, now that 2020, the year of covid, is over and with the vaccine being slowly rolled out, we may have some semblance of normality at some stage this year. That being said, we're now in out third lockdown. Not that things actually change that much to me. The only real difference is that I' not going out with my Dad to Liverpool every thursday. As he's part of our bubble he can come down to ours as  normal, that's the main difference between this lockdown and the first one last year, we didn't have support bubbles then so Father was on his own apart from when I did his shopping once a week. Basically lockdown means I have another day of crafting! Not a hardship for me.

I've decided that in 2021, I'm going to do more challenges like the 100 day project, to broaden my stitching, art and papercrafting skills.

This year's 100 day project is starting earlier this year on the 31st January (previously it's been an April start). I'll talk about that in a future post. The first challenge that I have started this year is Anne Brooke's 52 week tag challenge. This challenge involves stitching a tag following the theme for that  week and you can see people's work with the hashtag #52tagshannemade

For week one, the theme was white.




To make this tag I had a base of vintage linen napkin that I decorated with lace, a ruffle of net, suffolk puffs, beads and lots of french knots. I stitched the piece onto a Tracie Fox tag.

Week two's theme was heart.





For this tag I kantha stitched scraps of Victorian silk and floral cotton fabrics onto a piece of cotton. I added a blue silk heart and a heart charm and a strip of pink and gold trim. I stitched it onto another Tracie Fox tag and I added a tab made from a scrap of broderie anglais.

I'm looking forward to seeing what week three's theme is.

There's at least one more year long challenge that I'm going to do and I'll talk abut that in my next post.


TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment