Thursday 25 March 2021

#100dayproject2021 days 45 - 51

A textile vessel created over seven days.
I used a fairly stiff hessian to create the actual vessel as it is able to stand up by itself. I started with a rectangular piece that I decorated with several 'islands' of fabric and lace. The focal point 'island' has a piece of cotton that I stamped a flower onto and I added 3 Suffolk puffs, lace, beads and a button. The remaining areas were created in a similar manner.

Fortunately,  I had the selvege on one edge of the hessian where it joined to i just needed to stitch this edge over the other.as decoration a added the hem from a tea-dyed hanky. I then stitched  circle of hessian to the bottom.

The vessel stands up by itself, but if you want to use it to put something in you just need to pop a jam jar into it. 

Well, that's me all caught up with my 100 day project posts (please excuse my grammar!). The next will be about this week's stitched tag.

TTFN 
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment