Thursday 25 August 2016

For a new penpal




I have a new penpal, Rosario,  who lives in California. We were put in touch via the Letter Writer's Alliance (LWA). If you're interested in letter writing, I'd have a look at their website (http://www.letterwriters.org/). There's a small one-off fee of $5 to join, but if you don't want to join there is information on the public side of their site.

Rosario was sent my address so she wrote first, this letter card (that's what I call them anyway) has my reply. I made it from a leaflet that popped through the door and covered it in scrapbook paper. 

On the inside, there's a pocket made from an envelope that contains the letter on the left. The pocket on the right is made from a piece of wallpaper that's was folded in half and the sides sewn up on my sewing machine. I've just added a teabag, some stickers, a couple of journal cards and a decorated paperclip. 

The butterfly theme came from the wallpaper pocket. Once I had decided on butterflies it was easy to make. It's just deciding on the theme that can take the time! That applies to anything that I make. I've spent a lot of time looking through fabrics or patterned papers etc waiting for that eureka moment!

I'll be back again on Saturday. 

TTFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment