Thursday 6 October 2016

A needlecase







I've used a Vanessa Arbuthnott fabric for this needlecase and a lined it with a linen blend. I've added a few french knots and a vintage mother of pearl button as decoration, along with the broderie anglais on the front edge. 

The inside 'leaves ' for the needles are felt and the case is fasted using the cord loop I've made over a pearl style button.

The Vanessa Arbuthnott fabric, as an upholstery fabric, has a firmness to it that makes it ideal for the outside of a needlecase and is a good use of an offcut. I like to make use of any scrap of fabric, especially good quality ones like this one.

This needlecase will be wending its way to the Seagrass Gallery in West Kirby soon, but, if you'd like me to make something similar just send me an email at elsiemayandbertha@virginmedia.com. I  will be making more needlecases that I'll be adding to my online shops soon.

I'll be back on Saturday. 

TTFN 
Louise 



No comments:

Post a Comment