Saturday 8 October 2016

A couple of Halloween-themed journal pages













It took me a while to finish these two pages. I shared an image of the painted black pages and a few pieces of ephemera over a week ago on Instagram, but I got side-tracked by other stuff so didn't get round to adding anything to them until yesterday.

These two pages are in my altered book journal that I started last month. I started off by painting the two pages black. Ideally I would have used acrylic paint, but, for some reason, I didn't have it in my paint stash (something that has since been remedied), so I ended up using black watercolour paint squeezed directly out of the tube.

The ephemera I've used was found on Pinterest, apart from a few little images and the clock that I already had. The rest of the embellishments, glitter flowers, crystals, ribbon etc were already in my stash. On the left-hand side I created a pocket for a couple of tags and on the right-hand side I added a double-sided fold-out piece (I think there's another name for this type of thing but I can't remember what it is!), with the crow on one side and an old poem called  'All Hallows Eve' on the other. I created a hinge out of washi tape. It's a handy way to add more workable space on a page.

Originally, I intended these two pages to be all black and white and gothicy, but the orange creeped in with the tags and I ended up using orange as the accent colour! These things never turn out how you originally think that they will. You see something on the page or find a particular piece when you're looking for something else and new ideas pop into your head and away you go! It's one of the fun things about working in an altered book or junk journal, you can do whatever takes your fancy. It's not like you're going to be marked on it for an exam or it's going to be displayed in a gallery etc!

I hope you liked my Halloween journaling efforts, but I won't mind if you don't. The world would be boring if we all liked the same things, don't you think?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your weekend and I'll be back on Monday.

TTFN
Louise

1 comment:

  1. I do like them!! They're crammed.....I don't much like spooky things though, yikes! I spend too many nights alone....

    ReplyDelete