Thursday 12 June 2014

Sampling using my own fabric










I showed you how I create my own fabric or surface a couple of posts ago. I had to trim the piece of fabric I'd made to fit in with the other sections of my anniversary cloth, leaving the piece in the first photo.

I've started adding embellishments to the sample, starting with buttonhole lace around the outside of the piece. I've added a large web stitch circle with some french knots around it. There's still more work to be done on this, including adding some hooks and eyes as there is a bit of a bubble meaning the fabric isn't lying flat. The hooks and eyes should cure that.

The last three photos are remnants of muslin that has been covered with free motion embroidery. These, too, will eventually be embellished and played with too.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment