Friday 20 May 2016

A red and cream pin pillow














The red and cream striped fabric that I used for this pin pillow is vintage, but my vintage. I bought it as a remnant at Laura Ashley's over 20 years ago and used it as curtains to cover the back of kitchen cupboards. It's a while since the kitchen was redone (tongue and groove paneling replaced the fabric), so after a good wash, this fabric has been in my since then. Just sitting there, waiting for the right project to come along. Et voila, it did! 

It's been combined with a piece of Ian Mankin fabric and some vintage lace, a couple of buttons, a bit of ric rac, beads and a bit of embroidery. Unlike as mentioned in my last post, I managed to keep all of the lines straight and matched!

This pin pillow is now available in my Folksy store.

I'll be back on Sunday.

TTFN
Louise

2 comments: