Wednesday, 18 May 2016

A long awaited pouch

I did the majority of the work on this pouch months ago, but it's taken me until now to sew it into a pouch shape! I think the main reason was because I managed to make the check band wider at one end than the other! I don't know why I didn't notice it before I finished the embroidery on that section. But, hey ho, it is only for me and the rest of it is okay, so I got my needle and pins out and at itches it so that there's an opening in the middle of the front. 

The edges of thr pouch opening and the two seams where it's been sewn together have been edges in buttonholelace.  I've added a vintage mother of pearl buttons to either end of the opening and and to keep the edges 'closed' I've added a loop of ribbon that goes over a button.

I'm going to use the pouch to keep lace in when I'm using it for a project.

I'll be back on Friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment