Wednesday 1 June 2016

A pink and white pouch

Front
Back










The last time you saw this it was ready to be sewn up and finished. The opening is in the middle, like the previous pouch I made, though I decided not to put a fastening on this one.

The outside of this pouch has been made with pink and white gingham that has been decorated with a mixture of lace, broderie anglais and embroidery. The embroidery is quite simple as I've just used buttonhole lace, running stitch, french knots and cross-stitch. The inside is lined with fabric from a vintage cotton sheet.

I'm going to keep this pouch, too, as somewhere to keep some of my current work in that doesn't fit into my small sewing box. (I have a sewing basket, a little box and three tins that I use for different types of work e.g. patchwork, brooches, collages etc. They help me to keep on top of what I'm doing rather than everything all stuffed into one space.)

I may make a couple of these to sell at some point, once I have reduced the amount that I'm working on at the moment!

I'll be back on Friday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment