Wednesday 20 July 2016

An initialed sachet


















This sachet was made for my Dad to hold a vintage silk scarf we'd bought him for his birthday. It's made from an Ian Mankin stripe and lined with cotton lining fabric. I embroidered the initials, vintage crochet thread couched with cotton perle, onto some vintage linen. I also added three vintage mother of pearl buttons that all show signs of wear, the large one especially. I do like to reuse things that have already had a life elsewhere.

The vintage broderie anglais lace is, unusually, made from a woollen fabric. I've used a press stud to open and close the pouch, with a red vintage button added as decoration on the flap.

I'll be back again on Friday.

TTFN
Louise

For a look at my workroom have a look at my Where Bloggers Create 2016 post, where you'll also find a link to the list of all of the bloggers taking part in this year's party.  

1 comment:

  1. such a lovely thing to make for your dad and also lovely to hear a man appreciates embroidery!

    ReplyDelete