Friday 22 July 2016

A vintage photograph on fabric









I made this for my Dad, the photo is of my Mum, wearing a dress she made, sitting by the pond in the Italian Gardens at Stanley Park in Blackpool. Some may think it's too feminine to give to a man, but my Dad is used to having my stuff around their house. I could have gone down a severe masculine look, but I don't think this particular photo would have looked so good.

The photo is printed onto vintage linen and is edged in my favourite french knots. The broderie anglais lace is cotton and has been dyed with onion skins (not by me) and probably was cut from a petticoat. I trimmed some of the excess cotton off the lace and used that to make the mini suffolk puffs at the top of the image. 

I've backed the linen with more vintage linen and used a woven tape to create the hanging loop. 

I'll be back on Sunday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment