Monday 18 July 2016

Birthday cards for my Dad


 


This was the card I made for my sister and her other half to give to my Dad. As I've said before, birthday cards for men can sometimes be a struggle, but this one came about quite easily once I'd decided to use the map as the background. That came from some wallpaper that was covered in them (unfortunately, I've had it for a while and can't remember where I got it from) and I spotted the sailing ship image, it's actually a vintage Vogue cover, on Pinterest and the rest of decoration, postage stamps, mail tag and stickers came from my stash.









 This was the card we gave to my Dad. I was looking through one of my tins with images in and found the  flowers in the frame on the left and decided to use that as the starting point. Those flowers were from a set of die-cuts I bought from Paperchase earlier this year. The frame was part of a sheet of scrapbook paper and to balance that I used a Docrafts frame to go around the image of the peacock that came from a magazine. 
The rest of the decoration, jewels, washi tape and tassle came from my stash. One the back of the card is a print of a hydrangea onto rag paper.

I also make greeting cards to commission, if you'd like to order one, please email me at elsiemayandbertha@virginmedia.com for more information.

I'll be back on Wednesday.

TTFN
Louise

For a look at my workroom have a look at my Where Bloggers Create 2016 post, where you'll also find a link to the list of all of the bloggers taking part in this year's party.




No comments:

Post a Comment