Monday 24 April 2017

#our52weekproject - week 16

 #52weeksofstitchingthecircle










For my next few circles, I'm going to do some fabric manipulation samples. 

For this first one, I cut a piece of white cotton into a rough square. Next I created little fold and pleats and secured each one down with a stab stitch. Once I was satisfied with the way it looked, I attached it to a circle drawn onto a piece of linen with irregular cross-stitch.
 
I then embellished the manipulated cloth with french knots and buttonhole stitched threads to create little bridges across the fabric. I love the slightly hidden places that the folds create and I'm wonder how bigger folds, with a larger hidden areas would look and whether I could 'hide' something in there. I'll explore that in me next #our52weekproject post.

Please don't forget that you can still get 10% off everything in my Etsy store till the end of tomorrow, Tuesday 25th April. Just use the code SPRING2017 at the checkout when prompted.

I'll be back on Wednesday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment