Friday 28 April 2017

The house in the pretty garden












This is another piece from my wip* pile that's now finished. I used a piece of vintage linen as a base for this work and used pieces of vintage fabric and lace for the house. I used various embroidery stitches for the house detail and the flowers and shrubs, mainly back stitch and my favourite french knots.

I've backed the work with a piece of a glazed linen tablecloth, that has a blue embroidery transfer printed onto it. I picked the tablecloth up, along with four or five identical tablecloths that has the transfer printed onto all of them, ready for the embroidery. I've used some of the linen in previous projects, just as fabric and adding stitch to the transfer. I've added a piece of green stain ribbon so that the picture can be hung up.

This piece of textile art is now available in my Etsy store.

I'll be back on Sunday with this week's #our52weekproject post.

TTFN
Louise

*wip - work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment