Tuesday 4 April 2017

Letter writing month

In the USA, April is letter writing month and there's various actitivities going on throughout the month. One of these is the Write on Campaign, which involves writing a letter a day following a series of prompts. I don't have the time to write a letter a day, but I do have my penpals to write to and I'm making my letters extra special this month, with what I call letter cards. These are a piece of A4 card folded in half that are then decorated, with pockets and envelopes attached for the letter and goodies, ephemera, tags and stickers.

Here's two I've made already.
















Despite this age of electronic media and emails, letter writing is becoming more and more popular. If you're interested in having a penpal you could just ask if anyone what's to become one of yours via social media or, if you join the Letter Writer's Alliance, they match people to become penpals.

I hope everyone has had a good start to their week (and commiserations if it hasn't) and I'll be back on Thursday.

TTFN
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment